Sure, you can meet your girlfriends for happy hour at your local bar or invite them over to watch the Bachelor – but what about mixing things up a little? Here’s the idea: Grab a few of your best gal pals for a night of a thoughtful discussion and plenty of wine and yummies!
Hosting a book club can be simple and fun! With fall right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to start planning a cozy get-together at home!
Let’s break it down!
How to host a book club:
- Guest List ~ invite friends that you know appreciate and read in their free time. I think the best number is anywhere from 3-12!
- Pick the Book ~ This is the fun part (and clearly a very important one)! There are so many fabulous book lists out there at the touch of your fingertips with a quick google search. Pick something you are interested in and want to further discuss. I’d advice not picking anything too, too long…you want everyone to like they have enough time to finish the book. My book club just read this book and LOVED it!!
- Plan a Menu ~ So this is totally up to the hostess! I like to make a “main dish” and have friends bring appetizers, dessert, and wine! Don’t put too much on your plate ~ your friends are more than willing to help out! When in doubt curate a cheese board with olives, nuts, and marshmallow treats on the side! My dear friend Terra brought Scout & Cellar wine to our last book club and I was blown away! Seriously guys…Scout & Cellar is a fabulous example of clean crafted wine. It has no synthetic pesticides, zero grams of sugar and low in sulfates. Perfect for my friends on the keto, whole 30, clean living lifestyle 🙂
- Have a few discussion questions ready ~This is a fabulous way to get the discussion going and avoid resorting to only talking about Real Housewives drama!
- Pick the Outfit ~ You want something comfortable and easy to move around in! I chose a go-to sweater and shorts. I added my grandmother’s vintage belt for a pop of color and contrast. I ow my grandmother with my love of reading and it only seemed fitting to have a piece of her closet with me while hosting!
- Enjoy it ~ set the date, make the meal, drink the wine and enjoy getting together with friends 🙂
Happy reading & wine drinking!
photos // Wellesley & King Photography